@voljega 32 or 64 bit ? This version works with the only cherry trail i have, but it's lacking sound
Posts made by Substring
RE: Testers wanted: major system upgrade (Pi3b+, KODI 17 and much more ...)
Testers wanted: major system upgrade (Pi3b+, KODI 17 and much more ...)
REMINDER / DISCLAIMER
This what we expect from you:
- never use your main SD/USB stick for testing purpose (unless you're feeling very confident and know much about Recalbox)
- know the very basics of Linux:
- remount partitions as RW
- connect through SSH, browse through the filesystem, edit files, understand for example what
- can run commands on demand
- can properly use the markdown syntax for reporting on the forum
- understand that we can software-brick your Recalbox and you don't mind because it just needs a format + install
- know how to make a support archive
- you MUST speak english
- make sure you made all the required backups
Whatever happens to your Recalbox, it's for the good sake of everyone, so just don't blame me if something ever fails.
What's this all about ?
This update is a major system upgrade for all boards (pi, PC, odroid):
- new upgrade procedure
- pi3b+ support
- KODI 17.6
- the mk arcade gpio driver is configurable, and can be used with I2C. I'll give specific infos for people who wish until I definitely add some doc in the recalbox.conf
- updated kernels for all pi and x86 (which mean a much better hardware support for PC). Odroids are a different story (the C2 kernel is hardly maintained, the XU4 had a big kernel upgrade, but it's not yet part of Recalbox)
- unified buttons detection between SDL2, Retroarch and Kodi. This is extremly important : your pad may not fully work once you've updated. Just remap in ES
- part of the next stable release (the correpsonding changes are listed below the [Unreleased] tag in the changelog. Everything above is part of the system upgrade)
- and many many many other small details which are too long to list
So what now?
The upgrade is done in 2 steps:
- upgrade to a branch which has the new upgrade process
- upgrade to the version
- virtual keyboard can not appear at first time in ES. Leave the screen, and try again
- Some 8bitdo pads trigger both an axis and a button on L2/R2. So far the button was returned first, now it's the axis. Retroarch may not like it ... If this happens, ping me
- some AMD GPU can have a glitched output, should be fixed in a coming release
- so far, couldn't add the
amdgpudriver (see this link for the GPU list), i'll try to fix this later
- no overclock settings for pi3b+, so don't fool around yet with it
- the FANon my GTX 750 runs at full speed all the time. Good thing to kick dust, but not to play at night when the wife and kids are sleeping :D
Time to thril
You need to edit your recalbox.conf and set
- First update with:
- Then update with
A pi3 SD card works on a Pi3b+. Though, I know some people don't have a pi3 anymore, so here is a direct link to the img file. There is no need to make any upgrade on this img, but still, set the updates type to the 2nd link to get updates during the beta. If you update while on the stable branch, you'll simply brick your Recalbox. Now you're warned. I'm pretty sure some smart @$$ will spread this image forgetting its beta state, those people are making a big mistake.
What you should test
- The upgrade procedure is crucial. I had to change quite some stuff in it, it's the only warp to the next Recalbox generation, so to say
- Use Recalbox "as usual" : with your USB key NAS share etc ... Just make sure you made some backups
- xbox and PS pads feedback is welcome
- Kodi and kodi pad autoconfiguration
The most important thing is to use this image "as usual". I just couldn't test everything by myself , that's why I made this open beta.
Thank you testers, and let the beta begin!
RE: Problème dualboot Recalbox / Raspbian
@reitrac il faut partir d'une vieille version de noobs. J'ai pu resintaller hier recalbox avec une 2.4.2. Au pire je te la mets à dispo.
Sinon en mode manuel : https://m.banggood.com/fr/2-In-1-Dual-System-Dual-TF-Micro-SD-Card-Adapter-For-Raspberry-Pi-3-Model-B2BZeroZero-W-p-1292604.html hahaha. Pas testé celà dit