Mega Drive Recalbox

• Hello et Bonsoir,

Today I've finished my Mega Drive Recalbox and I love the result. Instead of having a boring case I have a childhood dream right next to my TV 🙂

This is my first case mod, so after I've finished I would have done some things slightly different, but anyhow, I am pretty pleased with the result.

• Using a RP3
    • All RP3 ports except AUX are connected (I might do AUX later, but I don't see the reason yet)
    • Mega Drive Power Switch is working
    • Mausberry power circuit for the power switch (you can see it slightly on the picture, it's below the RP3
    • Red Mega Drive LED is working
    • Reset button is not connected as I couldn't figure out how the original button worked.

Here is how it looks like. The Sonic cartridge in the slot is just for the look. I plan to make a V2 with a modded cartridge so I can actually use it to change SD cards.

0_1483720740556_IMG-20161231-WA0000.jpeg

0_1483720968045_IMG-20161231-WA0003.jpeg

0_1483721099570_20170106_091708_small.jpg

0_1483721213004_20170106_172740_small.jpg

• Staff
    Developer
    Team
    Global moderator
    Translator

Nice one! Are the lights from the tv or you build it separately?

• They are built seperately. It's another Pi 🙂 Love those beasts

• Staff
    Developer
    Team
    Creator
    Global moderator

Simple, efficace, beau, je valide!!!!

• Sexy beast

• you could even use the reset button 🙂

But it's a very nice and neat project 🙂

Reminds me i still have to work on hyperion ...

• I couldn't find out how it works. When I press the reset button which I soldered out of the mega drive board, it doesn't change the voltage on any of the four pins. I think I need to buy another one that I can use instead.

• this looks so cool, great job. can you make a list of all single components that you used, preferrably with a link to buy online, please? I would like to do this myself but I'm a noob when it Comes to stuff like this. I have a defunct MD so I already have the case at least...

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics