Raspberry Pi 4
For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.
The Recalbox Team.
combine ps3 and recalbox - help needed
Last summer, with my kids we realised our project to build a bartop together. It was fun but as a result, I am mainly the one to play with it as my kids don't feel my nostalgia for retro gaming.
I decided to put some muscle in the bartop in the form of a ps3 cfw. It is not finished but it start to look so good. Only bad point, I had to unplug my recalbox to do that.
So here is the new project idea : How to combine both the ps3 and the recalbox within the same bartop and easily switch from the first to the second and back ?
The thing is I don't picture a good solution yet and would like to receive your suggestions for it.
The issue I face so far are :
- connect my joystick controler to both system. I use a xin mo controler card so the signal output is in usb.
- command the start of the ps3 : with recalbox, the powerswitch on the bartop was starting everything. With a ps3 you need to start the bartop and then the ps3. Can I do that from the recalbox ?
- Audio and video source selection : I need to be able to select wich system I want to use at some point. The same, can I do that from the recalbox ?
- Audio and video source connection as a result of the previous point
I hope some of you can give me suggestions, I am willing to share advancement and pictures along the road so it may help the community
Best regards, Trantkat.
@trantkat audio and video can easily be managed with a hdmi selector switch.
Thanks, I took a look but I didn't find the right model : from both system I send video from HDMI and the audio separatly as it is going to the bartop speakers.
Idealy, I would need a unique selector to switch in the same time both video in HDMI, audio in rca for speakers an why not the power ;)
It sound quite specific , any suggestions or ideas are welcome 🤣
@trantkat there are hdmi selector switches with audio extractors (arc or something like that).
Thanks for the info, the selector is now on the way.
The remaining issue are :
- connect the joystick controler to both system. I use a xin mo controler card so the signal output is in usb.
- command the start of the ps3 : with recalbox, the powerswitch on the bartop was starting everything. With a ps3 you need to start the bartop and then the ps3.
Once again I am open to any suggestion or ideas ;)
@trantkat for the joystick, a so called “Peripheral Sharing Switch” might do the job.
Found out and shippment is on the way, great !
Now I just need to find a good way to supply power selectively. As an end result, I want to keep a one cable only connecting to the cabinet.
Once again, any suggestions are most welcome.