Raspberry Pi 4

For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.

The Recalbox Team.

Recalbox v6 - USB Keyboard Encoder not working

• Hey there, I am currently creating a new v6 installation from scratch (as no upgrade is available) and I cannot get my USB encoder board working...

The v6 wiki does not (yet?) say how to do it so I've followed the steps that were needed before v6:

• enabling xarcade in the cfg
    • listing available devices via ssh (ls /dev/input/by-id)
    • creating an empty file with the device name (usb-Arduino_LLC_ArcadeForge_Key_Strike-if02-event-kbd) in /share/system/configs/xarcade2jstick

But it won't work. Please don't say custom keyboard encoders have been dropped, which would render the whole bartop useless.

• Banned

@smashdde what v6 wiki ? Afaik there is only one wiki for all version, and unless a miqtake or said otherwise wili pages for old version should still apply :

https://github.com/recalbox/recalbox-os/wiki/XArcade-configuration-(EN)

• @voljega ok, let me change v6 wiki into current wiki. In the current wiki there is no mention of the steps listed here:
    https://github.com/recalbox/recalbox-os/wiki/Keyboard-encoder-configuration-(EN)

• Banned

@smashdde just follow the specific xarcade one, the one you link is for ipac

• @voljega well, there are some buttons mapped to something but due to one usb encoder is used for two players I do not know how to remap them properly for player 1 AND 2, just one works ok now but how about the second joystick and set of buttons? Thanks!

EDIT: configuring the first player via GUI gives info "keyboard", so I've configured the joystick and buttons to player 1. As soon as adding player 2, which also states "keyboard", player 1 config gets overwritten and only player 2 is available.

• Banned

@smashdde try just configuring the first one, and see if it works in game for both player (conf maybe automatically duplicated/adapted for player two, it is the case for other encorders)

• @voljega Thanks very much for the hint, I have tried that and mostly it works. But some buttons from player 1 trigger actions of p1 and p2, some do not work at all. Joysticks are fine for both though.
    I am able to reprogram the usb encoder, it's based on a type of arduino... is there a default button mapping available somewhere, so I can adjust that accordingly?

Found this, is it really THAT easy? Just reprogram my encoder to this button mapping and it's done?
    https://support.xgaming.com/support/solutions/articles/12000003090-x-arcade-programming-guide

Sorry for asking so much details, but fiddling with the encoder inside of the bartop is quite a hassle. :)

• Banned

@smashdde hmmm i'm out of my depth now ;)

Maybe @acris can help

• @voljega Thanks very much!
    @acris I don't know if he's getting any info when writing this, but if he could take a quick look and maybe take a guess what's going on - that would be great!

Current status: I've reset the USB encoder to default settings and rewired all buttons (each player: 6 button layout, 1 coin, 1 start; 1 hotkey button) to match the default mode 1 xarcade layout:
    alt text

I have configured player 1 controls inside recalbox (v6).

Issue: some player 2 controls trigger player 1 actions, for example in Dinosaurs and Cadillacs, when p2 jumps p1 punches.
    I have no idea why it's behaving that way, the buttons/keys are fine, checked for continuity and shouldn't misfire like that. Besides... in my old v18.07.13 both players worked fine.

I did not port any config over, everything is installed fresh from scratch. But I am unfamiliar how emulationstation carries the button mapping over to the different emulators... Anything I might be able to check there? Or something else?

Thanks!

• Holy sh...! It's alive again! I cannot pin the reason down though, but I'm certain it was something I made wrong again and again. Maybe sth. to do with the windows ssh shell (didn't want to set putty up because I find that confusing). Anyway, thanks so much for guiding me through. :)

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.