Raspberry Pi 4

For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.

The Recalbox Team.

[SOFT] New command-line scraper

• Tester

@bkg2k

Regarde si tu peux utiliser un fichier .po - .mo pour tes traductions.
    Plus simple à gérer que par xml, et tu peux du coup utiliser ce site qui est hyper pratique :
    https://www.poeditor.com

• Staff
    Team

Le soft est en C#, donc les langues et les ressources associées sont gérée automatiquement par Visual Studio (et 2 plugin pour me mâcher le travail un peu plus).
    L'import/export excel permet à tout un chacun de traduire et me permet à moi de réimporter les traductions en 2 clicks ;)

• Staff
    Team

@paradadf You're welcome for the spanish translation :)

About automatic MD5/SHA1, sure that's a good idea. I can add this automatically for files less than a few megabytes, and add an options to force MD5/SHA for larges files.
    The only limitation is for files in zip/7z/rar, because the scraper do not inflate files, it takes the CRC given by the archive instead.

• Staff
    Team
    Translator

@bkg2k yeah, no need to inflate them. Usually, cd-based roms are unzipped anyway. It is just that I hate seeing those hashes missing. If you could add such a switch and have it deactivated by default, that’d be great.

• Staff
    Team

Hello all,

The new GUI skraper is in alpha stage, tested by a few people. It's almost complete and it should be released in bêta stage in a few days for Windows only. Linux & MacOS version will come later.
    Also, the "old" console version will be replaced with a new one, using the new scraping library used in the GUI version: faster & more accurate.
    Meaningwhile, you may want to check the development progress here: www.skraper.net

@paradadf : feel free to contact me on ScreenScraper if your translation proposal is still relevant :)

Also, Italian and German translated are welcome for both the application and the Web Site! (other languages too ;) )

• @bkg2k you should consuder poeditor (which means your project must be open source). Teabslations are extremly fast there

• Consider Mono compatibility. People don't only use windows ...

• Staff
    Team

@Substring Yes the project will be open source (as soon as I find a clean solution to remove my ScreenScraper's developer identifiers from the project :) ).

As I use Visual Studio with the appropriate plugin, languages resources are managed automatically in a fast, efficient and clean way.
    Also, mono compatibility is planned, as the soft shoud be released on linux & macOS.

• @bkg2k said in [SOFT] New command-line scraper:

@Substring Yes the project will be open source (as soon as I find a clean solution to remove my ScreenScraper's developer identifiers from the project :) ).

As I use Visual Studio with the appropriate plugin, languages resources are managed automatically in a fast, efficient and clean way.
    Also, mono compatibility is planned, as the soft shoud be released on linux & macOS.

That's always the hard part, Because screenscraper needs the password in each request. That's why I stopped working on my tool, got it to a point where all the admins could use it but we could never release it to the wild without my dev login being visible.

Edit: Hi bkg2k Blade Hunter here, havn't been around SS much since moving house in Dec :).

• Really nice looking front end on it, I have one question though.

For the image output folder I wanted to make it something like this: %ROMROOTFOLDER%%SYSTEM%\downloaded_images Is %SYSTEM% a variable it will recognize?

• Staff
    Team

@dan-donoghue Currently, Skraper replace the following varables:
    %ROMROOTFOLDER% : The selected root folder you selected in the wizard.
    %FRONTENDROOTFOLDER% : Selected front-end path in the wizard (only for Retropie & Launchbox).
    %SCREENSCRAPERPLATFORM% : Internal ScreenScraper system name.

There is no variable for recalbox (or any other frontend) that map recalbox system folders. Actually those folders are hardcoded in the wizard (for ES-based front-ends)

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.