So it's not quite a bartop, but a semi-bartop running Recalbox.
I got an X-Arcade 15 years ago, I try to use it again every 2 years and I finally cracked ... Fed up with the Din PS2 keyboard interface , its Y connexion even on the upgraded USB board , I decided to wipe-out everything and put a controller XinMo.
For this recipe, externally I have
- a LaCie 20 inch 1600x1200 display
- a Boston 2.1 system for sound
- a Ducky keyboard with a SA Carbon set (this is for the anecdote because not really useful here)
- a CE power cable
For the intern,
- a Raspberry pi2 and its case
- a 2.5A power supply
- a power socket with an RFI filter
- a remote socket HDMI + USB
- USB remote jack + audio jack
- a remote USB socket 2 front (by default for Pi2 BT + Wifi dongles)
- an RJ45 remote socket for the network
- a USB A remote socket for the controller
- a 2-player 18-pin XinMo card and all its wires
- velcro, scotch, Araldite
- a short USB cable A - USB B
The idea is to integrate a Raspberry with a Recalbox distribution in the XArcade in order to have a "standalone" terminal by looping one of the USB outputs on the USB A socket of XinMo, or use the joystick only on a more powerful PC or Raspberry.
Former Controler PS2
for the power supply...
For USB front
The rear sockets (including failures ...)
Power socket with RFI filtering
Test of the internal layout with the Raspberry and the remote sockets
Added wires of the XinMo controller
Always difficult to work with a GrisMouth watching
Same with a RoukMouth
Wiring more or less finished
The controller card and the diagram of the pins
Finished back cover (with a Matlab cover on the ugly hole)
... seen from above, no change from the original
Configuration of Kodi under the watchful eye of Newton
Small update of the power supply and the welds following a problem with the Pi2.
Still things to do. At the GPIO level :
- connect the joystick LED to the GPIO to have a Raspberry power indicator,
- connect the back button to use it as a reset button.
Initially I wanted to use it as a hotkey but the limitation of the number of player 1 buttons on the XinMo does not allow me to do it. (There is an additional pinout on the player 2, but the configuration of the recalbox for P2 is the mirror of the player 1, so this additional button is unusable in this environment: /)