[GUIDE] Recalbox on 7" TFT
Matra last edited by Matra
Not sure where to put this really but here felt like the best place.
I have created a guide outlining how to put the thing together and how to set it up. I've saved a lot of 'leg-work' by including all of the custom configs that I have created to suit the Raspberry Pi Foundation 7" TFT, pretty sure that's the only screen on the market (currently) that uses the DSI interface.
So what's included/covered?
- How to wire the screen and fit into the RPi Foundation TFT Case
- How to replace the SD card if you messed something up without dismantling the screen (though that is faster as only four screws!!)
- How to install themes
- Theme configs (plus fix for one of them)
- Optimised splash screens for 7" TFT (uses the older Recalbox logo)
- Screen rotation guide
What's not included:
- How to flash recalbox to an SD card (enough info on the main page for that!)
- BIOS files
The idea was to create a 'vanilla-esque' appearance so I kept all of the Recalbox branding, I have also included a file to mute the intro video as when playing out of speakers connected to the 3.5mm jack it can be quite loud compared to the games for some reason?!
Anyway, here is a link to the guide: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B99yqlJ4Qkw4VlVUMEVQWWpmLVU
It's only a first draft so be gentle, if anyone has any comments or suggestions feel free to let me know. I'm not going to act as a support desk but if more than one person has the same problem I obviously haven't covered it so will need to update something.
Hope you all enjoy my first 'real' contribution to the recalbox community
voljega Banned last edited by
@matra thank you !
Matra last edited by
@voljega Thank you (again) for your help finding one of the files that I needed to!!