Simulate keypress (key 5) to insert coin at Mame

• Hi,

I am trying to develop a small software to simulate the key 5 of keyboard to virtually insert coin to MAME games. But there's no uinput interface at /dev/input of Recalbox Linux.
    How could I do this?
    I've tried several examples with Go, Python and C and they didn't work out.

Thanks in advance,

-Jeff

• Themer

@jeffprestes you know you just have to press select on your controller to do that right ?

• @jeffprestes Hi,

I guess it's rather linked to the fact we're autoconfiguring each emulators. In you case, you first need to create a uinput device, which is up to your code I'd say. But there should be pther ways, i think i've already had a successful try with python-evdev (but it's not on recalbox by default)

• @substring Thanks!
    I am visiting this page: https://python-evdev.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html
    Which distro should I use? Which Linux distro Recalbox is based on ?
    If it works for Python, as I am Go Developer I will try to include input.h and create a default binary for Recalbox.

• @jeffprestes Recalbox is made with buildroot. That's some kind of LFS project aimed for embedded systems. That's why it's not using apt/rpm/whatever : recalbox doesn't sit on top of an existing OS, but is anwhole OS itself.

Regarding go, it may be included.

Why do you need to add a "software pad" ?

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.