Raspberry Pi 4

For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.

The Recalbox Team.

Mame in Recalbox 4.1

• Hi all,
    After spending months setting up my Recalbox 4.02 on a 64gb microsd card, I was thinking of trying out the unstable 4.1 release with my games going on a 128gb usb stick (so I can try the large file Dreamcast and PSP games).

But, before I start, I'm reading conflicting posts as to what the default emulator and Rom set is for MAME in 4.1
    I've done a lot of work with my MAME Roms, removing all duplicates etc, so does 4.1 use the same lr-mame2003 as default, with the same 0.78 Romset?
    I don't wish to lose all my hard work.....
    Many thanks in advance.

• Apologies. Just realised I posted this in the incorrect section 😞

• Global moderator
    Team

Hello @RustyMG
    recalbox 4.1 use :

• romset mame 0.78
    • romset fba libretro 0.2.97.39
    • romset mame 0.106 for advance Mame (standalone emulator)

• @acris Thank you for the prompt reply 🙂

• Hello I checked that there is also advance mame and it's using romset 0.106 . Does anybody tested any tekken game or souledge? If so, pls are they working fast? THX

• Banned

@kelv those games won't work, 3D games on Mame are software emulated, so very slow even on a correct pc, you can forget it on pi.

Try them on psx it's the best solution and they are anyway more nicely rendered than on mame

• @voljega THX you are right that the workaround is to use PSX however I like to play the original one 🙂 .BTW, I downloaded the romset 0.106 and even the games are not working fine so I will stick to the lr-mame2003. Besides I think in the future the one that will be supported will be lr-mame 2010 or any other superior. THX again

• Global moderator
    Team

BTW, I downloaded the romset 0.106 and even the games are not working fine so I will stick to the lr-mame2003

don't forget to switch emulator and core in options emulators.

Emulationstation menu > advanced parameters > parameters emulators >

• emulator : advance mame
    • core : advance mame

• @acris I only changed emulator not the core... 🙂 Thx for the hint. I will change the core too but I will need to check that after scrapping all the mame2003 games (1500 remaining)

• Global moderator
    Team

Advance mame not support subfolder.
    Games will be in mame folder not subfolder and without keyboard advance mame doesnt start.

https://forum.recalbox.com/topic/7241/advance-mame-4-1/55

• @acris oh I had them in a subfolder 😞 But If I don't have them in a subfolder, they will be overlaped with the mame2003 ones and that's and issue 😞 THX for letting me know

• Banned

@kelv pu the mame2003 ones​ in a subfolder and the advmame ones in root folder ?

• Global moderator
    Team

@voljega said in Mame in Recalbox 4.1:

@kelv pu the mame2003 ones​ in a subfolder and the advmame ones in root folder ?

yes, you do it.
    If you change advance mame folder, you need to change for each update.

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics