NES Case for Raspberry Pi

• Translator
    Translation Master

Hey pals :)

Since months I wanted to create a cool case for my recalbox. Unfortunately, most of the time you only find these standard cases which, of course, do what they should but in a more boring way ;)

I came across with the idea to create small gaming consoles to put the Raspi into. To avoid some trouble with the manufacturer I changed the scaling, get rid of the logo, colours are as well not exactly the same as the original one, I chose the colours to make it look a bit more modern.

Fortunately, a friend of mine has the whole equipment to manufacture things like this and then we did a first prototype to see how it would look like :)

0_1480847722878_pic2.png

0_1480847740171_pic1.png

0_1480847752957_pic3.png

Actually, it works like this very well, but I am working on a version 2:

• Power LED next to the Start button
    • Fully functional Start button
    • Fully functional Reset button
    • Maybe hide the SD card hole on the back just for cosmetics

I also work on a scaled Playstation 1 case and some more will follow!

Let me know what you think :)

• Great!! I like it!!

• Team

Yep.. seems to me that is really close to this : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1714215

• Translator
    Translation Master

@ian57 Yes, you are right, it looks very similar to this. But as you see there are tons of NES models out there :) There is not much room for design changes but since this is the first draft (which was inspired by the net) I am currently working on improving the existing designs to keep the proportions/scalings (hope not to get in trouble with manufaturers :D) and improve the functionality of the cases :)
    I will soon share some new ideas :)

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.