API Restful

• Hi,

I'm trying to use the API of recalbox from a local server but I'm stucked.

I have set the option system.api.enabled = 1 and reboot the Pi but I can't do any curl request from my local server (curl http://192.168.0.18:1337/ -> curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.0.18 port 1337: Connexion refusée.

Can I see some logs on the Pi?
    The developer environment is only needed if we want to modify the API and not used it, right?

ping @MikaXII

• I tried it 3 months ago, was working fine. Try 127.0.0.1eventually

• What I want it's use the API through a local server, not the Pi itself. :)

I tried the command on the Pi but same thing (with local and network IP).

• I'll try lter today and tell you how it goes

• Looks like the start of the recalbox-api is crashing ... I'll fill in a bug

• Ok thank you! We close this thread?

• @DjLeChuck no, seems like there is a fix ongoing that I'd like you to test. Can you edit /etc/init.d/S95api and replace PM2_HOME to /var/.pm2 , reboot and retry the curl ?

• @subs : Sorry for the delay, I was mounting my bartop :D I can not edit the file, he his readonly. I can do something like that example for the config.txt file ? mount -o remount, rw /boot

• Just replace /boot by / and you can edit+save it

• @subs : It work's! Perfect thank you. \o/

• Thanks for finding a bug ^^will be solved in the next beta

• Thank you for allowing me to use the API on the Pi!

P.S. : @subs Comment je marque un topic en résolu ? ^^'
    EDIT : Bon bah trouvé !

• Hey, sorry but three years later I have the exact same problem.
    Should I follow the steps described above ?
    Or these have been included and my problem is from another source?

Ps: Same as DjLeChuck, I've set system.api.enabled = 1 , reboot the Pi and every curl requests failed to connect on local server or Pi itself with local and network addresses

Team

@lepioo said in API Restful:

ow the steps described above ?
    Or these have been included and my problem is from another source?
    Ps: Same as DjLeChuck, I've set system.api.enabled = 1 , reboot the Pi and every curl requests failed to connect on local server or Pi itself with local and network addresses

Currently the api doesn't work anymore and DjLeChuck doesn't give a sign of life.
    So we planned to rewrite an api and manager officially maintened by the core team.
    But currently release first :p

• I wanna cry... I was preparing a recalbox second screen using this API.
    I got some dev skills, maybe if you lead me in the good direction I can help coding the new API? (I have no idea where to begin).

Team

@lepioo In fact I've not begin the dev yet but the main goals is :
    backend api in Rust or golang (I prefer golang) with a less of external lib. There are a lot of lib native for golang.
    And a frontend (it will use the api) writen in VueJs or angular :)

• @mikaxii I'll look into Golang for the backend but I could help much more with the frontend since I'm used to nodeJS React (no Angular for me ^^).
    Thanks

Team

@lepioo Haha I hate react but every one his preference ;)

But the goals its the core team have the capabilities to maintained themself the manager/api, because there are already 2 versions of manager and one api not maintained anymore by their creators :(

• @mikaxii Yes I understand, I'll try to make it for my own purpose and I'll let the sources opened anyway.
    The API is pretty much important for bartop using (demo mode, easy save/load, etc)

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.