Screenscaper issue

For information, Screenscraper website is currently down. All the Screenscraper staff is aware of this issue. Until it's solved, you won't be able to scrap from Recalbox or Skraper. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Pour information, le site internet de Screenscraper est actuellement en panne. Toute l'équipe de Screenscraper est consciente de ce problème. Tant qu'il ne sera pas résolu, vous ne pourrez pas scraper depuis Recalbox ou Skraper. Veuillez nous excuser pour le dérangement.

The Recalbox Team.

combine ps3 and recalbox - help needed

• Hello,

Last summer, with my kids we realised our project to build a bartop together. It was fun but as a result, I am mainly the one to play with it as my kids don't feel my nostalgia for retro gaming.

I decided to put some muscle in the bartop in the form of a ps3 cfw. It is not finished but it start to look so good. Only bad point, I had to unplug my recalbox to do that.

So here is the new project idea : How to combine both the ps3 and the recalbox within the same bartop and easily switch from the first to the second and back ?

The thing is I don't picture a good solution yet and would like to receive your suggestions for it.

The issue I face so far are :

• connect my joystick controler to both system. I use a xin mo controler card so the signal output is in usb.
    • command the start of the ps3 : with recalbox, the powerswitch on the bartop was starting everything. With a ps3 you need to start the bartop and then the ps3. Can I do that from the recalbox ?
    • Audio and video source selection : I need to be able to select wich system I want to use at some point. The same, can I do that from the recalbox ?
    • Audio and video source connection as a result of the previous point

I hope some of you can give me suggestions, I am willing to share advancement and pictures along the road so it may help the community

Best regards, Trantkat.

• Developer
    Team
    Global moderator
    Translator

@trantkat audio and video can easily be managed with a hdmi selector switch.

• Thanks, I took a look but I didn't find the right model : from both system I send video from HDMI and the audio separatly as it is going to the bartop speakers.

Idealy, I would need a unique selector to switch in the same time both video in HDMI, audio in rca for speakers an why not the power 😉

It sound quite specific , any suggestions or ideas are welcome 🤣

• Developer
    Team
    Global moderator
    Translator

@trantkat there are hdmi selector switches with audio extractors (arc or something like that).

• Thanks for the info, the selector is now on the way.

The remaining issue are :

• connect the joystick controler to both system. I use a xin mo controler card so the signal output is in usb.
    • command the start of the ps3 : with recalbox, the powerswitch on the bartop was starting everything. With a ps3 you need to start the bartop and then the ps3.

Once again I am open to any suggestion or ideas 😉

• Developer
    Team
    Global moderator
    Translator

@trantkat for the joystick, a so called “Peripheral Sharing Switch” might do the job.

• Found out and shippment is on the way, great !

Now I just need to find a good way to supply power selectively. As an end result, I want to keep a one cable only connecting to the cabinet.

Once again, any suggestions are most welcome.

😉

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics