Raspberry Pi 4

For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.

The Recalbox Team.

Future RPi4 RetroArch Core Support

• Really looking forward to seeing RecalBox on the RPi4.
    Apparently, the NES Mesen emulator runs at a consistent 60fps on the new RPi4. and with its OpenGL ES 3.x support, it may even support PSX Beetle-HW! Are there plans to add Mesen, Beetle-HW, FinalBurn-Neo, and later versions of MAME to upcoming versions of RecalBox?

• Staff
    Team
    Translator

@retrofuture mesen, maybe. All other are already available emulators.
    I don‘t know of any newer mame build that work better than anyone of the ones we already have available.

• @paradadf Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that Mesen is a possibility. However, I am a bit confused. I thought that RecalBox only supported the PCSX-ReArmed core. I was also unaware that it now supports FinalBurn-Neo and not just lr_fbalpha.

• @retrofuture FBNeo is to be released on next version, it is not in current version

But no beetle-hw is not supported on pi, only x86/x64.

• @voljega Looking forward to FB-Neo. I understand that Beetle-HW cannot be supported on current hardware (RPi3 & OdroidXU4). The reason I mentioned it was that (according to a RetroPie forum) RPi4s supports Open GL ES3.x, thus making a Beetle-HW core viable. I hope this is possible, but I have little technical expertise on this topic so I thought I'd ask the RecalBox dev team whether they had plans to incorporate it in the new builds.

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.