Download and use alternative cores through Retroarch menu

• I was wondering, since you can actually download new cores through Home + B menu, but they don't seem to work (I wasn't really expecting either).

I ask that because I really wanted to run some MSU-1 enhanced games and other hacks that expands SNES roms over 4mb size limit, but none of the cores current present on Recalbox seems to run those games.

Is there a solution or something in the works right now? I'd love to have lr-snes9x core on recalbox =)

Team

HELLO
    no need to download core.

you need to use a good core, select your game , select button, edit metadata game
    choose emulator : libretro
    choose core : snes-9x

• @acris Snes9x isn't working for MSU1 enhanced roms (it can't load the proper file, i'm not sure this version is compatible) and also cant run roms over 4mb either.

Team

https://docs.libretro.com/library/snes9x/

I tried few games msu-1
    It work very well with default core or change snes9x core.

You have a problem with your rom.

• @acris is that so? Can you tell me how to proper load MSU-1 roms? I'm probably doing something wrong then.

Edit: I finally made it work. I just needed to make SNES9x (and NOT SNES9X-NEXT) the default core/emulator.

But.. what about roms over 4mb ("hi-roms"), is there any documentation regarding that? I know its something very specific and not very used, but there's a translation patch for a game I love that uses more than 4mb and I couldn't make it work on snes9x.

Team

@horotony said in Download and use alternative cores through Retroarch menu:

But.. what about roms over 4mb ("hi-roms"), is there any documentation regarding that? I know its something very specific and not very used, but there's a translation patch for a game I love that uses more than 4mb and I couldn't make it work on snes9x.

What game ? exactly ?

• @acris
    There's a portuguese translation of Donkey Kong Country 2, which expands the rom size to 6mb.

It's on this video https://youtu.be/Z_qZKAxTpBU?t=113.

Team

@horotony
    I don't understand your problem, hack rom, translated rom , patch rom work all very well with default core.

I patched Donkey Kong Country 2 usa rom with translated patch ips and it s work fine.

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.