Screenscaper issue

For information, Screenscraper website is currently down. All the Screenscraper staff is aware of this issue. Until it's solved, you won't be able to scrap from Recalbox or Skraper. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Pour information, le site internet de Screenscraper est actuellement en panne. Toute l'équipe de Screenscraper est consciente de ce problème. Tant qu'il ne sera pas résolu, vous ne pourrez pas scraper depuis Recalbox ou Skraper. Veuillez nous excuser pour le dérangement.

The Recalbox Team.

Keyboard C64 / Vice, cannot start games using ESC, Run/Stop/ Enter

• I have posted it in the gitlab support a while ago.
    Try it here now.

Some C64 games require keyboard inputs for names etc.
    (I do have a usb keyboard attached).
    That is the reason i cant start games like "giana sisters" or "winter games".
    The first requires to hit "Run/Stop" which is usually mapped to "ESC" in Vice.
    But hitting "ESC" on an attached keyboard brings me back to the ES.
    In "winter games" i have to hit "ENTER" after the name input. Doing that starts the VICES settings and virtual
    keyboard.
    But i cant control it. I cant use it with gamepad since the cursor isnt moving.
    Using the build in touchpad from the usb keyboard i can move the cursor but the enter/confirm isnt working.

Any ideas how to solve it?

I think it would be great to put some common keys on the gamepad like "ENTER", "SPACE", "RUN/STOP" for the C64.
    And: Is it possible that the VICE Keyboard inputs overrule the Recallbox-OS key settings?

Thank you for your great work!!!!

• @andre-wollny

here you find the commodore 64 keyboard map
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/63158896@N08/6176425740/

here the emulator keymap
    https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/input/input_keymaps.c

For example the RUN / STOP key is mapped to ESC (RETROK_ESCAPE)

Press Hotkey + B to configure
    QuickMenu->option to joypad key setup
    QuickMenu->option->create game-option file to save

• @plaetzchen79 said in Keyboard C64 / Vice, cannot start games using ESC, Run/Stop/ Enter:

I have posted it in the gitlab support a while ago.
    Try it here now.

Some C64 games require keyboard inputs for names etc.
    (I do have a usb keyboard attached).
    That is the reason i cant start games like "giana sisters" or "winter games".
    The first requires to hit "Run/Stop" which is usually mapped to "ESC" in Vice.
    But hitting "ESC" on an attached keyboard brings me back to the ES.
    In "winter games" i have to hit "ENTER" after the name input. Doing that starts the VICES settings and virtual
    keyboard.
    But i cant control it. I cant use it with gamepad since the cursor isnt moving.
    Using the build in touchpad from the usb keyboard i can move the cursor but the enter/confirm isnt working.

Any ideas how to solve it?

I think it would be great to put some common keys on the gamepad like "ENTER", "SPACE", "RUN/STOP" for the C64.
    And: Is it possible that the VICE Keyboard inputs overrule the Recallbox-OS key settings?

Thank you for your great work!!!!

Have you found a solution ?
    It would be great to use the keyboard like a real c64 keyboard

• Global moderator
    Team

Please dont up old topic.

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics