SOLVED PC 64-bit Recalbox 4.1 - 17.12.02 - Bluetooth Issues PS3 Controller with Kodi, Dreamcast, Gamecube and PSX
joinski last edited by joinski
I have recently tested the latest PC 64-bit versions of Recalbox (4.1 - 17.12.02) and Batocera (5.11) on my Intel NUC-Kit D54250WYKH together with original Sony PS3 DualShock3 Controllers (CECHZC2E).
And here are some things, that i noticed, when comparing them in PSX, Kodi, Dreamcast and Gamecube:
- better graphics in PSX Emulator with mednafen core (different settings possible in retro-arch quick menu under "Options", for example higher resolution)
- no problem with sound output on x86 hardware (appropriate HDMI-Output is selectable directly and sound is working even after shutdown and restart of the system)
mainly PS3 Controller Bluetooth problems:
- with bluez-driver no control in kodi and in gamecube games possible**
- with official-driver the control in kodi and gamecube games is possible, but all four leds are blinking constantly (so you do not know which controller is player 2 for example) and there is a problem with the left analog stick in dreamcast games (hard left is recognized as right-direction and hard up is recognized as down-direction)
- No Vibration in PSX (i tried every setting in retro-arch menu under "Controls" and "Options" with every Libretro Core, but i could not get vibration/rumble to work)**
- Vibration in PSX (in RetroArch Quick Menu under "Controls" you have to set "User 1 Device Type" to "RetroPad w/Analog" and under "Options", "Pad 1 Type" to "analog")
- no problems with controls neither in kodi, nor in dreamcast games with left analog stick. Also for player one only the first led is constantly on (for second player second led, third player third led and so on)
- no enhanced resolution or other options to get better graphics in PSX Emulator possible (no mednafen psx core)
- problems with sound output on x86 hardware (workaround possible with starting kodi first, and after exit kodi, the appropriate HDMI-Output is selectable (sometimes you have to set Output Device to "Auto" first and then reboot, start/exit Kodi and only then the appopriate HDMI-Output is selectable), but this workaround has to be done everytime after system has been shutdown/restarted)
So the pros of recalbox are the bads of batocera and vice versa.
Too bad that you are in dispute with the developer of Batocera and you can not help each other
rockaddicted last edited by
psx vibrations has been deactivated because there was issue with some gamepads. Vibration was never ending once started.
So pro vs bads, it is disabled.
Kodi gamepad issues will be fixed once Kodi bumped in the next weeks.
About your gamepad issue with dolphin, please give use a support archive.
Thanks for the fast reply
Ok, regarding vibration it is no big problem, personally i can live without rumble and it is not that important (it's just a "nice to have").
So if you bumped Kodi in the next weeks, than it should work with bluez-driver? That would be great
Ok, regarding the issue with dolphin (no control possible with bluez-driver) i will create a support archive.
Thanks again and you are doing a great job!
Substring last edited by
When he says weeks, he means weeks turning to a few months Do not expect anything before 2018 regarding Kodi
Ok, here the things i did now:
- Created a new usb stick with fresh install
- After first boot, i connected a PS3 controller for 10 seconds via USB-cable, then disconnected USB-Cable and pressed PS-Button to connect the Controller via bluetooth. All LEDs were blinking for few seconds, then first LED was constantly on and the Controller was connected
- Set audio output device to "[0:3] HDA-INTEL - HDA INTEL HDMI + HDMI" (Volume Level was 0, but i did not change it, i just selected output device)
- Set system language to german
- Pressed PS-Button to connect PS3 controller via bluetooth. All LEDs were blinking for few seconds, but then no LED is on, the Controller was connected and usable anyway (but why no LED is on anymore?)
- Sound is working now (even though Volume level is still 0 in audio settings)
- Transferred Gamecube Game via network-share
- Refreshed Game-List
- Started Gamecube Game
- No control in Gamecube Game possible (pressed all buttons several times, no reaction), but with Hotkey + Start i was able to exit the game
- Created support file
That is ok, i am very patient and i can wait
Were you able to find out something in the meantime?
Did my support-file help in any way?
Unfortunately with new Version 18.02.09 the problems with bluetooth (bluez driver -> no control in gamecube games and official driver -> problem with analog control of dreamcast games) still persist.
Unfortunately with new version 18.04.20 the problems still persist
Will it be fixed in the future?
zipee2 last edited by zipee2
@joinski I have a nuc as well with similar issues with ps3/bluetooth nuc7ibnh--Gave up and went to retropie on ubuntu 16.04. No bluetooth or audio problems on it. Plus i have experimental emulators like pcsx2 working.
abunille last edited by abunille
Go to the controller config in ES and configure your controller.
After that Kodi and Gamecube works with bluez driver.
Can`t say when it will be fixed.
official driver -> blinking constantly:
I see that too, wait a little bit more after recalbox is up. Seems that the driver need some more time.
I configured my controller in ES Menu, like you said and now it is working
Thank you very much!
abunille last edited by
Now in english