Screenscaper issue

For information, Screenscraper website is currently down. All the Screenscraper staff is aware of this issue. Until it's solved, you won't be able to scrap from Recalbox or Skraper. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Pour information, le site internet de Screenscraper est actuellement en panne. Toute l'équipe de Screenscraper est consciente de ce problème. Tant qu'il ne sera pas résolu, vous ne pourrez pas scraper depuis Recalbox ou Skraper. Veuillez nous excuser pour le dérangement.

The Recalbox Team.

N64: SNES-Controller does not cover all buttons?

• Hello
    I'm new with Recalbox and do use it with SNES controller(s). Now I note that sometimes I miss some buttons to play a game:
    For example: I want to play the N64 game "Zelda - Ocarina of Time" with the SNES controller. Allmost all works perfectly but in one case - if I want to talk to Links fairy "Navi" - I cannot not find the appropriate button on my SNES controller? I tried arround a long time and noted that if I connect an additional USB keyboard, then I can press the key "I" to talk to "Navi".

Is there a way to fit the controller button mapping so that the whole game is playable with the SNES controller only?

Regards,
    Roman

• Hi @RK-aus-S

I don't think so...

We're talking 10 Buttons, an Analog Stick and a D-Pad (N64) against 8 Buttons and a D-Pad (SNES).

Talking to Navi is the yellow UP Button on the N64 Pad. Maybe this helps http://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Controls

Consider using a PS3 Pad or something alike.
    https://github.com/recalbox/recalbox-os/wiki/Compatibility-(EN)#pad-controller

• Hi Nachtgarm

Thank you very much!
    I've connected my wired Xbox360 controller, and now I'm able to talk/listen to "Navi"! (Yellow Y Button 🙂

The only thing I cannot find at the moment is to select the Save Slots with this controller? Even I press Hotkey + Up/Down within the N64 game "Zelda", nothing happens. Selecting a Save Slot within a MAME game works!
    Is it possible that selecting Save Slots is depending which emulator I run?

Regards,
    Roman

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics