Increase size of the sdcard

• Hi, I just installed recalos on an 8gb card however, the dev/root only has 2gb capacity. How to increase the filesystem to match the sd card size ?

hi @eddywebs What version have you installed ? Why would you need more space on /root ? most of your data will go to /recalbox/share which is on a different mount point, so 2GB on / is more than enough

Hi Aditya Rawat, Yes you can install recalbox (and not recalos ^^) in 8gb card but normaly. That is for a couple sd card + usb stick for the stockage of the roms. I recommand you to use a usb stick for your stockage or a bigest card for your stockage. Hop that help you :)

• Hi @subs I am trying to use sdcard as the storage for my roms as well,  does anybody know if there a way to mount the /recalbox/share on the empty space in the micro sd card ?

@eddywebs i don't understand what you mean. The recalbox sd cards IS the default storage

• What I think @eddywebs is trying to do is increase the space of /recalbox/share. I have achieved this doing the following:

• Create a dir where there is empty space, in my case I had 20GB of free space on / so I created /opt/recalbox/roms/megadrive path.
    • Create a symlink to this new created directory. In my case I deleted the directory /recalbox/share/roms/megadrive and executed this line:
    ln -s /opt/recalbox/roms/megadrive/ /recalbox/share/roms/megadrive

Now if you do an ls -alrth of /recalbox/share/roms you'll obtain this:

drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root         440 Feb  5 16:21 nes
    drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         180 Feb  5 16:21 mastersystem
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         260 Feb  5 16:21 gba
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          29 Feb  5 18:36 megadrive -> /opt/recalbox/roms/megadrive/
    drwxr-xr-x   45 root     root         920 Feb  5 18:36 .

Hope it helps.

• @jacksmirk It seems recalbox overwrites my symlink on reboot.

• It also seems to overwrite my smb.conf on reboot, among other things. I wish I knew everything that was "restored" on reboot and how to stop it.

@fordhamwt the smb.conf should not be overwritten at each boot. If my memory is right, it's all in the /etc/init.d/S12share

Want to support us ?

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.