Raspberry Pi 4

For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.

The Recalbox Team.

Beta7 N64 roms issues

• Hello! I'm trying to play to Zelda Majorask mask or Zelda Ocarine of Time, in beta7, and I can't play to it because the screen is black and I should restart the raspi2 to return to the recalbox menu. I tryed with roms with .n64, .z64 and the other extension compatible with recalbox. Is anyone having this issues like me? Has anyone solved it? thanks

• Me too since beta versions...

• Zelda don't work with the pluging n64. You can try to enable the rice pluging in the recalbox.conf file

• What I should do to enable the rice pluging? I'm noob 😞

• Global moderator
    Team

Hello in recalbox.conf : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/recalbox-os/wiki/recalbox.conf-(EN) like this

## N64 core (n64,rice)
    ## The recommanded plugin is n64, but if your game don't start, try rice (example Zelda Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, ...)
    ;n64.core=n64
    ;n64.videomode=CEA 4 HDMI

## If you use rice core, set mode 480p as below
    n64.core=rice
    n64.videomode=CEA 3 HDMI

• My Question here is what to enter while running the rice core on RCA? I also can´t set the resolution to 480, I think RCA runs with 576i ? It worked when i set the variable to globaldefault, not sure if taht had any impact at all. Mario Tennis finally starts, also both Zelda, but its like 3-4 FPS.   Any Idea how to pimp that? is Performance over HDMI and 480p better?

## N64 core (n64,rice)
    ## The recommanded plugin is n64, but if your game don't start, try rice (example Zelda Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, ...)
    ;n64.core=n64
    ;n64.videomode=CEA 4 HDMI

n64.core=rice
    n64.videomode=CEA 3 HDMI

• Hello are you using a CRT screen? you can try to edit your recalbox.conf like that :

n64.core=rice
    n64.videomode=CEA 2 HDMI

then inside your /recalbox/configs/mupen64/mupen64plus.cfg add your screen resolution here :

[Video-General]

# Use fullscreen mode if True, or windowed mode if False
    Fullscreen = False
    # Width of output window or fullscreen width
    ScreenWidth = 1280
    # Height of output window or fullscreen height
    ScreenHeight = 720
    # If true, activate the SDL_GL_SWAP_CONTROL attribute
    VerticalSync = False

In this example, it is setup for a HD resolution of 720p.

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics