Move all the games and emulators from 4.0.0 to 4.1

• Hi,

I have seen that its not possible to update from 4.0.0 beta6 (which is the version i have) to the latest version of recalbox.

I would want to update, because my xbox one controllers has stooped working, so i think its because the controllers have been updated and i have to update the recalbox too in order to start working again.

So, is there any easy way to install recalbox 4.1 and then move all the games and emulators i have in my actual version? (including all the images for each game). I have a big collection and i wouldnt want to add them again separately.

Thank you.

Team

@petermc Hi, please follow these steps:

1. Backup your roms folder
    2. Make your new installation
    3. Restore your roms and data in roms folder
    4. Make a "quick shutdown" from Emulation Station (so it doesn't save anything)
    5. Restart Recalbox

• Themer

@oyyodams might be a good idea to kill emulationstation between 2 and 3, not sure it is mandatory with quick shutdown, but it can't hurt.

Team

@voljega not mandatory if you perform a quick shutdown, but yes it can't hurt ;)

• @oyyodams Thank you!

1.-
    How do you restore your roms and data? Just drag and drop or copy them?

2.-
    With that quick shutdown, do you mean, in recalbox, "quit" options, push "quick shutdown"? Or do you mean other thing?

Thank you.

Team

@petermc

1. Yes just copy all files, including downloaded_images subfolder and gamelist.xml file that are in each rom folder.
    2. Exactly ;)

• @oyyodams Thank you :-)

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.