Screenscaper issue

For information, Screenscraper website is currently down. All the Screenscraper staff is aware of this issue. Until it's solved, you won't be able to scrap from Recalbox or Skraper. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Pour information, le site internet de Screenscraper est actuellement en panne. Toute l'équipe de Screenscraper est consciente de ce problème. Tant qu'il ne sera pas résolu, vous ne pourrez pas scraper depuis Recalbox ou Skraper. Veuillez nous excuser pour le dérangement.

The Recalbox Team.

Dreamcast games slow

• I have tried two or three games. One of them, which is virtual tenis 1 or 2 is slow. I have also tried all modes of overclock and is even worst. I have the PI 3 B+

Thoughts?

Regards

• Global moderator
    Team

HELLO @bernardoortega
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ep2Lm_nhpXtLp-iZibFXiCZUB7csqWXFzqj8IvvGOJk/edit#gid=1806295408

Virtua Tennis - Sega Professional Tennis (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es	Has Issues	(VERSION USA replay pas visible) RPI3@1300MHZ CDI and gdi
    Virtua Tennis 2 - Sega Professional Tennis (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es)	Has Issues	Fonctionne plutôt bien avec QQ bug graphique niveau 2D, rpi3 overclock @1350mhz mais au bout de quelques minutes retour dans recalbox

• i have also tried with the USA version but the issues are the same. Slow, even more when using overclock.

• Some people seems to make it working fine, I don't know how.
    To me, using gdi, Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 have slowdows that makes it unplayable.

• Hello,
    Simple overclock of the cpu is not enough to handle the dreamcast.
    With some custom overclock settings I managed to run Virtua Tennis 2 around 90-95% of its full speed with very few minor glitchs. So the game is playable and enjoyable.
    A lot of games are close to work at full speed, if only the pi3 have had a bit more cpu speed.

Every pi are different, so if it crashes or displays a black screen, you must lower some values (see the range in my config.txt below).

WARNING: you REALLY need a good cooling setup (fan + heatsinks) if you don't want to grill your pi.
    My settings works for me and my pi3 can stay on for hours, BUT I can not be held responsible if your pi goes down.

In config.txt of the sdcard (plug it in your computer), here are my settings:

kernel=zImage
    #old extrem default values
    #force_turbo=0
    #arm_freq=1375
    #core_freq=500
    #sdram_freq=575
    #over_voltage=4
    #over_voltage_sdram_p=6
    #over_voltage_sdram_i=4
    #over_voltage_sdram_c=4
    #gpu_freq=500
    #sdram_schmoo=0x02000020

#my custom overclock: cpu / gpu (core & gpu freq should be equals) / sdram / voltage
    #arm_freq (1400-1450)
    arm_freq=1425

#core_freq & gpu_freq (500-575)
    core_freq=550
    gpu_freq=550
    #v3d_freq (520-530) or more ? under 500 is not enough for the dreamcast
    v3d_freq=530

h264_freq=333
    gpu_mem=256

#sdram_freq (500-580)
    sdram_freq=575
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020

#over_voltage (4-6)
    over_voltage=6
    force_turbo=0
    over_voltage_sdram_p=6
    over_voltage_sdram_i=4
    over_voltage_sdram_c=4

More significant values are cpu, core_freq and v3d_freq.

Hope this help.
    If anyone has a more powerful & stable setup, please share 🙂

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics