Dreamcast games slow

• I have tried two or three games. One of them, which is virtual tenis 1 or 2 is slow. I have also tried all modes of overclock and is even worst. I have the PI 3 B+

Thoughts?

Regards

Team

HELLO @bernardoortega
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ep2Lm_nhpXtLp-iZibFXiCZUB7csqWXFzqj8IvvGOJk/edit#gid=1806295408

Virtua Tennis - Sega Professional Tennis (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es	Has Issues	(VERSION USA replay pas visible) RPI3@1300MHZ CDI and gdi
    Virtua Tennis 2 - Sega Professional Tennis (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es)	Has Issues	Fonctionne plutôt bien avec QQ bug graphique niveau 2D, rpi3 overclock @1350mhz mais au bout de quelques minutes retour dans recalbox

• i have also tried with the USA version but the issues are the same. Slow, even more when using overclock.

• Some people seems to make it working fine, I don't know how.
    To me, using gdi, Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 have slowdows that makes it unplayable.

• Hello,
    Simple overclock of the cpu is not enough to handle the dreamcast.
    With some custom overclock settings I managed to run Virtua Tennis 2 around 90-95% of its full speed with very few minor glitchs. So the game is playable and enjoyable.
    A lot of games are close to work at full speed, if only the pi3 have had a bit more cpu speed.

Every pi are different, so if it crashes or displays a black screen, you must lower some values (see the range in my config.txt below).

WARNING: you REALLY need a good cooling setup (fan + heatsinks) if you don't want to grill your pi.
    My settings works for me and my pi3 can stay on for hours, BUT I can not be held responsible if your pi goes down.

In config.txt of the sdcard (plug it in your computer), here are my settings:

kernel=zImage
    #old extrem default values
    #force_turbo=0
    #arm_freq=1375
    #core_freq=500
    #sdram_freq=575
    #over_voltage=4
    #over_voltage_sdram_p=6
    #over_voltage_sdram_i=4
    #over_voltage_sdram_c=4
    #gpu_freq=500
    #sdram_schmoo=0x02000020

#my custom overclock: cpu / gpu (core & gpu freq should be equals) / sdram / voltage
    #arm_freq (1400-1450)
    arm_freq=1425

#core_freq & gpu_freq (500-575)
    core_freq=550
    gpu_freq=550
    #v3d_freq (520-530) or more ? under 500 is not enough for the dreamcast
    v3d_freq=530

h264_freq=333
    gpu_mem=256

#sdram_freq (500-580)
    sdram_freq=575
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020

#over_voltage (4-6)
    over_voltage=6
    force_turbo=0
    over_voltage_sdram_p=6
    over_voltage_sdram_i=4
    over_voltage_sdram_c=4

More significant values are cpu, core_freq and v3d_freq.

Hope this help.
    If anyone has a more powerful & stable setup, please share :)

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.