Some years ago I saw this post: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36505
I liked the project very much and I wanted to make a version of it.
I was able to get a broken SNES (no living console was hurt in this process) and other materials and I have a "1.0 version" of the project.
Some basic highlights:
- I setup a recalbox build with gamecon to connect real SNES controllers
- I used an HDMI cable extension and a SD card extension to have both cables and SD card plugged in the back of the console
- The power button (safely) shuts down de console
- The reset button exits games
- I preferred the Sega Megadrive colors (not Genesis) more than the SNES ones, so an amateur paint job was done
- I want to move the Pi board to an end, so that I can have a 1.1 version, where I can put a modified SNES cart where I can put USB inputs and maybe some DB9s, that way I can plug a keyboard or extra controllers.
I put some pictures of the process (I have more) and the "final" product:
Hope you like it!