Screenscaper issue

For information, Screenscraper website is currently down. All the Screenscraper staff is aware of this issue. Until it's solved, you won't be able to scrap from Recalbox or Skraper. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Pour information, le site internet de Screenscraper est actuellement en panne. Toute l'équipe de Screenscraper est consciente de ce problème. Tant qu'il ne sera pas résolu, vous ne pourrez pas scraper depuis Recalbox ou Skraper. Veuillez nous excuser pour le dérangement.

The Recalbox Team.

Multiple versions of the same game

• Hi all. I'm currently setting up a Pi with Recalbox.

Currently I have a no intro romset for Super Nintendo. However I noticed that I have lots of double or triples of the same game but from Different regions. So say I have Super Mario World, I'll have a Japanese rom, a US rom, a Europe rom of the same game. Obviously I don't need 3 versions of the same game nor do I want my game menus displaying multiple copies. And there's also the extra storage it takes up.

So my question is, is there a way I can sort all these games on my PC before I copy them over to my Pi? I only want to have the European version on there and not multiples. Also if a game is only available in say Japanese or USA versions, I'd still like to have these roms. I don't want to exclude these regions completely, I just don't want multiples of games.

I heard clrmamepro might be the thing I need? I don't know much about it but I've heard it mentioned.

Thanks.

• Global moderator
    Team

• @acris Thanks for that. I actually just tried Rom Center and after some playing around, it allowed me to do what I needed. I also tried clrmamepro but found it a bit confusing.

• Ok so I cleaned up my romsets for my consoles and I have no doubles and everything looks great.

Now I have to sort Mame and Final Burn. Obviously there's a lot of doubles, triples of games in these set which I don't need.
    I'm not sure where to start. Should I follow the best arcade 4 recalbox spreadsheet and sort my games based on that? is that document still up to date/relevant?

• Global moderator
    Team

Hello
    arcade requis romset non-merged.
    for aracade i think you need clrmamepro with dat file (parent only) (use WWW MODE to download file)
    it's in french but screenshots help
    http://mamedl.esy.es/static1/clrmamepro#only
    http://mamedl.esy.es/static1/clrmamepro

or may be rom cleaner.

• Banned

@eb2016 yes it is still relevant

• @voljega Great! Wasn't sure if it was out of date or not. Think I'll use it as a guide and just take the roms I need.

• There’s one method that isn’t truly running independent instances of a program, but it could be all you need. To open a second window of any open program, just hold Shift and click on its icon in your Taskbar. For programs like Word, Notepad, or Chrome, this will open a second window with a blank document.

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics