Transferring roms directly to microsd card. It works.
Redsm0ke last edited by Redsm0ke
(I didn't see any mention of this, so making a post)
- Used Raspberry pi Imager v1.4 to make Recalbox 7.1.1-Reloaded (Pi 4/pi 400) (released: 29.11.2020) version to microsd card
- Put it in the Raspberry pi 4 b 8gb to let it configure it
- Pop the microsd in to my windows 10 laptop
- Go to disk management
- See the "share" portion in the microsd drive
- Right click it, and select "change drive letter and paths..."
- Press "Add..."
- "Assign the following drive letter:" should be selected automatically. Then press "ok".
Then in my computer, you have a "share" drive, where you can add roms & stuff, and it works.
If this works for everybody, then maybe add this info to the manual so people would have an easier time : )
(2 pictures to show, how it works and how it looks after it)
RustyMG last edited by
Wow, this works.
This is fantastic - for people who have everything on microSD, this could be a game changer.
@RustyMG Jeah ^^
@Scavy Oukey. Why can't I easily find information about it in the recalbox documentation manual & notes? https://recalbox.gitbook.io/documentation/basic-manual/file-management
@Redsm0ke coz all the documentation is not updated, it's in progress, but this issue appears with the 7.0 version. Before, windows coudn't access the "share" on Pi0/1 version. Now we can
@Scavy Oukey : )