Wireed controller not working

• So I am not as tech-savvy as I should be so please be patient. I bought a preloaded recalbox console a year or so ago. It came with 2 "2.4ghz wireless gamepad" controllers and I later purchased 2 additional controllers that are identical except the color of the buttons (see picture). I found the wireless connection to be unreliable so I found myself connecting the controllers with the USB cable. Under these circumstances, they worked great...but the cables were short which was annoying. So I ordered some longer cables. Unfortunately, now when I tried to hook up the controllers today they did not work. I thought maybe I had purchased bad cables, but they don't work even with the old short cables and my PS4 controller works great when connected to the long cables...so I don't think the new cables are the culprit. In the past, I have just connected the controller to the cable and it worked. Not sure why it is being troublesome now.

Things I have tried to this point:
    1 - holding the start button (as if trying to sync with the wireless receiver), also tried holding any number of other buttons combinations. the LED light on the controller blinks as I press buttons and sometimes it will do some variety of blinking patterns while I am not pressing buttons. I don't know what any of the blinks mean. The controllers did not come with a real user manual, just directions for wireless connection. and I can't find any info online about what a particular sequence of blinks could mean.
    2 - Plugging the controller in before start-up, and plugging in after start-up

You may say to yourself "Hey you said the PS4 controller worked, just use that one"...and I can absolutely do that. But as a matter of convenience and having dedicated controllers for this unit, and as a matter of principle (i want stuff I buy to work properly) I would really like to solve this issue. I would bet this ends up being a simple solution and I will look dumb...but I am stumped at the moment, so any help would be great.

THANK YOU!

IMG_0453.jpg

• Global moderator Translator
    Translation Master
    Tester
    Global moderator

@shjacobsen said in Wireed controller not working:

I bought a preloaded recalbox console a year or so ago.

I'm sorry, but the purchase / sale of the Recalbox System and the distribution of ROMS is illegal. The Forum does not support illegally distributed images, in which case you should ask the seller for support.

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics