Raspberry Pi 4

For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.

The Recalbox Team.

USB plugs / erratic power on/off

• Hi there :-)

It makes a few days now I'm inquiring about this issue but I didn't find a satisfying patch action nor a clear process to follow. As some people reported a quite same experience, my PI 3b+ (+recalbox 6) shuts down as I plug/unplug any usb device (even if I just make a simple contact between the USB plug and the device). Here is my layout :

USB1 : 1 sandisk 128go
    USB2 : X
    USB3 : X
    USB4 : X

GPIO 3 (PIN5) - GROUND (PIN9) : micro-switch button for a clean on/off switch action
    GPIO 5V (PIN4) - GROUND (PIN6) : fan

On my recalbox.conf : "system.power.switch=PIN56PUSH"

All the system is quite new (bought 1 month ago) and the PI is a well limented with its genuine charger.

Note that everything was going well before I introduce the micro-switch ON/OFF button

So, I've learned by reading about this that this issue is about a quick micro electric charge that is impulsed by the USB connector : so, how to tell the Pi that I'm not powering off the system but I'm just pluging a controller (in my case, I plug a sony PS3 controller on USB2)?

As I'm a big noob, any help will by very apreciated!

• @giantcoucou just a precision : if I don't touch the USB plugs, the Pi will stay on for a random time before shutting down (usually it stay alived around an hour), then it will stay off for another random delay before waking up some hours later...

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.