Raspberry Pi 4

For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.

The Recalbox Team.

Xmas Beta cannot take in custom GPIO pin mapping as additional parameters when loading module mk_arcade_joystick_rpi.ko.

• I built a recalbox portable console with Pi 0 W; 2.2" il9341 TFT LCD with SPI using GPIO 9,10,11,25 supported by the adafruit drivers and GPIO controllers ( mk_arcade_joystick_rpi.ko) and the PWM 2 channel audio output using GPIO 18, 13. As the LCD and Audio GPIO overlaps with the default GPIO pins map parameters of
    mk_arcade_joystick_rpi.ko module. i.e. "map=1" or "map =3", I have to create a custom pin mapping using the parameter of "map=4 gpio=21,24,26,19,5,6,22,4,20,17,27,16,12" to avoid the conflicts of pins used by the joystick buttons , LCD and audio output.
    I found that the boot up script file (/recalbox/scripts/recalbox-config.sh) cannot take in the second parameter I put into the recalbox.conf file:
    controllers.gpio.enabled=1
    controllers.gpio.arg=map=4 gpio=21,24,26,19,5,6,22,4,20,17,27,16,12

To fix the issue, please help to consider the following in the new release.
    add the following lines to the top of the /recalbox/scripts/recalbox-config.sh. file to take in one additional parameter as $extra3.
    extra3=$5

Change the line in the section for GPIO controllers
    from
    map="$extra2"
    to
    map="$extra2 $extra3"

Once the above is done, I can happily make my recalbox console works with TFT LCD; GPIO buttons soldered onto my circuit board, and stereo analog audio output driven by PWM through GPIO pin 13 and 18 and Ground.

Here are the parameters I used in the config files to make this work. With the modification I mentioned about for the recalbox-config.sh to take in one extra parameter for GPIO controllers.

mount -o remount, rw /boot

vi /boot/config.txt

add this to the end of the /boot/config.txt file to enable GPIO TFT

hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=87
    hdmi_cvt=320 240 60 1 0 0 0
    dtparam=spi=on
    dtparam=i2c1=on
    dtparam=i2c_arm=on
    dtoverlay=pitft22,rotate=270,speed=64000000,fps=30

also need to edit recalbox.conf to set system.fbcp.enabled=1 and global.videomode=default

#add this to end of the /boot/config.txt file to enable GPIOs analog audio
    dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4

# edit recalbox.conf to enable fbp and TFT LCD and GPIO controllers

mount -o remount, rw /
    cd ~
    vi recalbox.conf

change the following parameters as follows

#Tips for using vi: use “/word” to search for the word.
    then press ENTER to jump to the first match.
    then press "a" to add or modify. ESC to stop and “:x!” to save

system.fbcp.enabled=1
    global.videomode=default

system.power.switch=PIN56PUSH
    controllers.gpio.enabled=1
    controllers.gpio.arg=map=4 gpio=21,24,26,19,5,6,22,4,20,17,27,16,12

• @cheungbx
    Note: the last two lines in the recalbox.conf appeared as two lines on this forum but is actually one single line.

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.