Raspberry Pi 4
For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.
The Recalbox Team.
[Recalbox 6.1+][Snap Videos][Custom mix] Next Pixel theme
Wow, that already looks amazing!
I have too ask, since you are doing this fantastic work, are you doing something like this professionally , e.g. graphics design? You definitely seem to be very talented.
Could I wish for an alternative image and sound for the SNES? I was thinking of Final Fantasy VI. It's one of the best 16 bit rpgs ever made and Terra's theme is such an iconic and wonderful masterpiece in scores.
It might be one of the greatest video game sound tracks ever made.
@bloodsurfer Thx, i'm definitly not a designer, i'm an freelancer Android developer but i work closely with designers almost every day, so i guess i'm a bit aware of design/ux and tools such as photoshop/illustrator.
@myst , it's look great!
Need more time to polish it but release coming this weekend i guess
you dont put screen for the system channelf ???
@virus-man not yet supported
You can't use out system logos, please remove them from your theme. You can actually use them if you credit our team. But our team tag is forbidden on the Recalbox forum so you either
- Can have the theme here without our logos
- Cannot have the theme here with our logo but you have to add credit to our theme in your readme.
@freemanqc Hi, you must be mistaken i have modified all recalbox-next logos on my own to add a white border and i explicitly write it from readme file that everything is based on recalbox-next (and nothing else), this fully respects recalbox-next theme license.
it s possible you thinking to support this systeme please
Please guys, stop fighting about logo you don't own.
System logo belongs to their respective owners, not to any "theme" team. I cannot make a nintendo logo and just put a GPL2, MIT, or any other kind of free or proprietary license.
You can claim ownership on your own and original work. However, in this kind of theme, there are only a few original work. Claiming any right on game screenshots, characters, game logos, system logo or anything else coming from games or games manufacturers, even though you improved or modified the original graphics, is just not possible.
@bkg2k that what i was thinking, how can he claims something that is trademark, thx to make that point!
@virus-man i'll try but old systems are not the easiest to do ;)
Great work, I can't wait to test your theme :)
Don't forget to provide 720p and 1080p version to help raspberry to deal with its limited GPU RAM.
And... we will not add new systems until the stable release ;)
New release 0.7 now available!
Some nice options are added especially vertical wheel. To make horizontal view consistent with this new view i modified it as well (let me know what you think about it as well). And for those who don't like it actual horizontal view is still available from theme options (check "horizontal legacy").
When using vertical wheel please use UI SETTINGS > TRANSITION STYLE > INSTANT for a better look and feel.
In addition to those system views, light/dark options now affect system views as well, go play with it to see the result and find out what's best for you!
Not a lot of new systems with this release (vertical wheel has been time-consuming work), only added atomiswave and an alternative to snes (FFVI) as requested.
For next release i may change gamelist view to have something more consistent with new system views.
- Add new system view using right vertical wheel (it replaces horizontal view as default system view to switch back to horizontal check theme options)
- Modify a bit horizontal system view for consistency with new vertical view (old system view still available as "horizontal legacy")
- Modify light/dark colorset option, system views now use this option as well and 2 options have been added to mixin light/dark beetwen system and gamelist view. Light is now default option
- Add atomiswave support
- Add new system logos and default background (amigacdtv, channelf, naomi, oric, samcoupe)
- Fix n64 image (was pixelate behing system logos, from 0.6 only)
- Change scummvm image and music (still using Monkey Island as game theme)
- Add snes Final Fantasy VI game theme alternative (check "Multiple game themes" section to know how to switch theme)
- Favorites/screenshots logos/consoles tweaking
- Definitely fix those logo borders consistency (some logos may look a bit larger though)
- Add next pixel menu icons
- Minor optimisations (images now include some assets to reduce a bit memory impact)
- Code cleanup and refactoring (but gamelistviews)
Thank you so much for this amazing work! Just installed and looked at the new version. This is in my opinion THE most beautiful theme there is right now.
@bloodsurfer thx, glad you like it!
Nice work @mYSt .
happy to see you use the svg console we made for recalbox standelone theme, inside your theme. Tank's for share it with the community ! :).
very nice theme
Minor update available 0.7.1
Project is now hosted on Github
i've made a few changes while doing this :
- Add new colorset called "game accent", this add some possible configurations with colorset option and improve some assets quality.
- Fix psx Final Fantasy VII game theme was not "pixelate"
- When a system has multiple game themes, system folder is now duplicate instead of media files inside it, this make it easier to switch game theme
- 720p and 1080p images are non longer available as separate standalone downloads, 2 downloads package are now available from github, one including 720p and another one including 1080p images
for the amiga systeme maybe you put a screen form the best game of amiga style , super stardust , superfrog , turrican , zool ..... for amiga 600 , amiga 1200 and amiga cd32