NETPLAY : SELECT not working anymore - feedback
It seems quite a number of you are facing some problems adding credits in netplay, or even using the SELECT button. I'd need :
- rom (if you can give its hash it's even better)
- which pad were connected
- if you were client/host
- which player number you were
Thank you for you help, I can't reproduce the problem on my own
- System: Raspberry Pie 3
- ROM: Hashed all done. fba_libretro and mame All games do not get a select button. (at netplay)
- GPIO 1P, 2P
- No Select button for Client / Host
Any mame rom
1P Bluetooth (8bitdo pad)
select button don't work when i'm host, did not try on client
Only happens in network, without network select works fine
@rizzie you don't have a dedicated hotkey ?
@substring I have the same problem, it seems to me that it has nothing to do with netplay. Even playing solo when using Super NES controls, I have to set the hotkey on the same button as the select. In some games of tFBA emulator (all CPS2 and NEO GEO) simply the select (coin) does not work.
@marcos-breviglieri i can provide a new retroarch binary if peopke are ready to test
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Any arcade rom, for example sf2ce.zip. As emulator, I use fba libretro
- The typical Buffalo Classic Snes Pad (using select as hotkey and as select button), 2 of them (player 1 and player 2). I also have a psx1 clone pad speedlink, it doesn't have the problem because the hotkey is addressed to a dedicated button. I use this one for the menus and kodi because it is wireless, but when I play, only the snes pads are working. If I remove them, then I can use the speedlink as player 1 without the select problem.
- I have the problem as client and as host. A special case is when I play without netplay. In this case, the select button for player one doesn't work, but the select button for player 2 does, so only in this case I am able to put some coins in arcade games.
Thanks for your work, would be great if it works again soon.
@substring Yes I have specified the select button as hotkey.
@rizzie why haven't you wired a dedicated hotkey button ?
@substring If you need I'll do the test and give you feedback
@marcos-breviglieri ok. Are you a little familiar with linux ? Need to copy a file to /usr/bin and chmod too
@substring Yes, I am, you can send files for testing.
Replace the original one (make a backup) in
/usr/binand don't forget to
chmod +x /usr/bin/retroarch
@substring I tested it in several games and it worked.
I tried the binary but it didn't work for me. With the new binary, the three gamepads are working fine on emulationstation menu, but as soon as I start any emulator, no gamepad responds. I added executable permission (chmod +x) to the new retroarch executable and the permissions of the new file are identical as the permissions for the backup, so it should be fine. I checked the md5sum, which seems to be right (cf9a5795fbfaf4f41c890743bbbbf393) so I suppose I have something wrong in the configs of my share folder. Maybe I'll try resetting those config folders (share/system), cause my recalbox shared folder is very old and was updated already several times.
Thanks anyway for your effort!
Resetting the share/system folder to a vanilla copy that I have in another card didn't work well. The Emulationstation menu was working, but as soon as I started a rom, the screen stayed black forever and I had to restart it with a ssh signal using a raspberry pi app from my smartphone. I just reverted everything and now I am at the starting point again.
@tonificante you'd just need to remove ~/configs/retroarch, nothing more
@substring thanks, now I get a nice smooth font in retroarch, so it seems that the retroarch configuration has changed. Unfortunately I cannot use the hotkey anymore when I am playing a rom (I cannot enter into retroarch menu), although the coin function works, so I will stick to the standard retroarch binary. I also tried with the standard binary, then enter in retroarch and update joystick profile, then change to patched binary and run rom, but no luck. I will wait until next recalbox release for netplay or remove the snes gamepads and use only the ps1 clone pad for netplay.
Thanks very much, but unfortunately it is not working. Games do not start with this new retroarch binary. I tried local game without netplay, locally started netplay and join to existing netplay session, none of them worked. I will wait until the next official stable version.