Xbox One S bluetooth controller and related

• I am currently using Retropie, but considering to switch to Recalbox as I have been reading good things about it.

Before I do the switch, I'd like to understand three things. Would be great to get thoughts from the community:

1. I have a bluetooth Xbox One S controller, which largely works with Retropie. Only the select button cannot be mapped. Does Recalbox support Xbox One S (bluetooth) and does the select button also works?

2. Is on-board bluetooth for RPi 3 supported now?

3. So far, I am only using one Xbox One S bluetooth controller. I am considering to buy 1-3 more to play multi player games. How do I need to map the 2nd, 3rd and 4th controller?

4. I am also planning to use moonlight to play PC games. I read about many issues related to multi-player support. Will the controllers work as mapped in Recalbox or do I need to somehow map them again in Moonlight?

• Themer

@steve1977 the on-board bluetooth is supported but it's crappy hardware anyway, it's better to have a dedicated one

Team

@steve1977 said in Xbox One S bluetooth controller and related:

I am currently using Retropie, but considering to switch to Recalbox as I have been reading good things about it.

Before I do the switch, I'd like to understand three things. Would be great to get thoughts from the community:

1. I have a bluetooth Xbox One S controller, which largely works with Retropie. Only the select button cannot be mapped. Does Recalbox support Xbox One S (bluetooth) and does the select button also works?

So far this controller is not supported witbout some.user side trick. Select doesn't work for now, as well as triggers it seems

1. Is on-board bluetooth for RPi 3 supported now?

Yes, but it's dreadful

1. So far, I am only using one Xbox One S bluetooth controller. I am considering to buy 1-3 more to play multi player games. How do I need to map the 2nd, 3rd and 4th controller?

You don't have to do anything regarding this on recalbox. The emulators configuration is dynamic

1. I am also planning to use moonlight to play PC games. I read about many issues related to multi-player support. Will the controllers work as mapped in Recalbox or do I need to somehow map them again in Moonlight?

Work as mapped in Recalbox. I haven't tried multiplayer Moonlight for a while, but it used to work for sure

• Thanks for your quick replies. Can you elaborate what you mean by "user side trick"? Also, any plans to add support for this controller? I have two of them and would prefer not to buy new ones.

Team

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.