Recalbox 7.0

WIFI Connection Problem

• Hi All,

Loving RecalBox so big up for putting this together!!! 🙂 Amazing stuff!

Now unfortunately, I am currently running into a bit of an issue connecting to my WIFI router and I was wondering if someone could give me a few pointers to try and resolve it.

I am in the UK and I am using RecalBox v4.0 on a RaspBerry PI3

I seem unable to connect to my WIFI router, I get the below:

0_1485767665983_RecalBox-01.jpg

Occasionally I will even get an IPV6 address instead of the standard IP address but sadly the status remains "Not Connected" to my despair... I have tried changing the channel on my router but that basically brought my whole internet connection to its knees.

If I use my Mobile Phone as WIFI hotspot however then no issue at all; see below:

0_1485767835668_RecalBox-02.jpg

So based on the above I am assuming it's something to do with the configuration of my router.

Is there anything I should be looking out for in the router config? I have yet to try with a wired connection to the router to check. I will do that shortly. In the meantime your help would be much appreciated. I suspect it's probably something fairly silly... but even after reading many posts and checking the config on my router there was nothing obvious that stood out. 😞

Many thanks in advance,

Guillaume

• I'll just add something quickly my internet provider here in the UK is Sky Broadband and there seems to be other people experiencing issues connecting their Raspberry to a Sky Hub/Router.

G*

• As expected it was something quite trivial I had my router running with WPA2-PSK (AES) when I switched it to WPA/WPA2-PSK (Mixed Mode), I was able to connect my Raspberry and RecalBox to the WIFI. All good. Sorry for the trouble hope that can help someone else.

Cheers 🙂

G*

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics