Raspberry Pi 4

For information, Recalbox IS NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 yet.
Pour information, Recalbox N'EST PAS encore compatible avec le Raspberry Pi 4.

The Recalbox Team.

Issue Metal Slug 5 and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

• I'm running recalbox 6.1.
    When I try to start Metal Slug 6 i see these lines in log

Powering on HDMI with explicit settings (CEA mode 4)
    Powering on HDMI with preferred settings
    /usr/bin/retroarch -L /usr/lib/libretro/mame2003_plus_libretro.so --config /recalbox/share/system/configs/retroarch/retroarchcustom.cfg --appendconfig /recalbox/share/system/configs/retroarch/retroarchcustom.cfg.overrides.cfg /recalbox/share/roms/mame/mslug6.zip
    running command: /usr/bin/retroarch -L /usr/lib/libretro/mame2003_plus_libretro.so --config /recalbox/share/system/configs/retroarch/retroarchcustom.cfg --appendconfig /recalbox/share/system/configs/retroarch/retroarchcustom.cfg.overrides.cfg /recalbox/share/roms/mame/mslug6.zip

And the screen come back to the game list.

Any hints?

• Staff
    Team
    Translator

@mcgyver83 that should be a neogeo game, right? Have you added the neogeo.zip bios in the roms folder next to the game?

• Tester

certainly that the zip roms are not correct for the emulator you use (mame2003_plus), you have to verify them with the dat given in the roms directory and clrmamepro.

• @cissou Thanks.
    I'm really a newbie in emulation.

You are suggesting me that recalbox 6.1 uses mame2003_plus as NeoGeo emulator?
    So I have to have games roms suitable for this emulator, right?
    And also I have to search for bios?

• Hi found some romset with some games.
    Some of them works others no (just log lines like above).
    How can I verify that a rom is suitable for my emulator (example: suitable for Mama2003 plus)?

• CRT Hero

@paradadf said in Issue Metal Slug 5 and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs:

that should be a neogeo game, right?

Metal Slug 6 is an atomiswave game, i don't know which one @mcgyver83 is using, he mentions 5 in title but 6 in his post. 6 won't run with any version of mame, you'll need flycast for this one.

For neogeo games like Metal Slug 5, i wouldn't recommend using anything besides FBNeo, afaik FBNeo might be the only neogeo emulator with no known glitch (even current mame has some).

@mcgyver83 said in Issue Metal Slug 5 and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs:

How can I verify that a rom is suitable for my emulator

@cissou told you : use clrmamepro + the dat file corresponding to the emulator

• Tester

@barbudreadmon there is a bootleg version of metal slug 3 which permit to run metal slug 6 on neogeo (mslug3b6.zip)

• CRT Hero

@cissou thanks for the information, i never noticed this one, it seems a bit different from real mslug6 though (the player is overpowered ?)

• Metal slug 6 bootleg has nothing to do with metal slug 6, do not play it
    You can play Metal slug 6 and 7 on PSP (however the PI3 is now the only device not displaying menu, as it works on android & pc, but you can launch it if you know the menu)
    You can play Metal Slug 6 on PS2 and WII when available
    And so you can play the original metal slug 6 on Atomisware

• Tester

I just googled it, and i wasn't aware of this, thanks @ninjaw

Want to support us ?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.