[SOFT] Skraper

• @abunille Thanks, solution 1.) works great!

• Anyone has the same problem? The genre isn't scraped anymore. I reinstalled the most current verrion and had no luck. Examining the gamelist.xml the <genre> tage is missing entirely. A couple of weeks ago it still worked.

• Happens with all systems installed, use Emulationstation on windows. PS. Also it ignores text case (always uses "as is" insted of lower case or uppercase.

Team

• Tried both versions on my Win10 64bit system. Both came up with "Games found: 0" on any system. Triple checked the right folders.

• There is a little bug on the latests version,

when used through mono on linux, the gamelist are saved on the roms directory and not inside the system roms directory under the filename "system\gamelist.xml"

• Sorry...I would post this in the Batocera forum but I do not see a thread for Skraper there.

Is it possible to add an option to 'Append existing gamelist' (rather than overwrite or update)? Currently, if I set a rom to use a particular emulator (or core), that info is written to the gamelist.xml file. If I then rescrape a system using Skraper, those changes are lost (even if I have it set to 'backup then update').

Essentially, if a game is already in the XML when you scrape, just pass it over. If the game is not already there, scrape it and append it to the bottom.

TIA,

John

Team
    Translator

@johnodon there is an option for that, just check the configurations tabs.

• @paradadf Unless it is somwhere else and I am missing it, the only options I see on the 'Game List' tab are:

• No backup, just update existing
    • Backup existing, then create new
    • No backup, create new or overwrite existing
    • Backup existing, then update

In my experience, each of the above causes existing metadata that was written to the XML by other means (i.e. 'Edit this game's metadata') to be overwritten.

Am I missing something?

Team
    Translator

@johnodon the first or the forth, depending on what you want. “Update” is the keyword.

Want to support us ?

Join us on :

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Recalbox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.