Your example is not correct ;)
The "Gamename" is Tempest X3, thats correct.
But the matching "Romnames/Filenames" are different.
Go to screenscraper Homepage, log in and search for the Tempest X3 Game.
Click on it and look in the "ROMs/ISOs" field.
You will find for example:
- Tempest X3 (USA)
- Tempest X3 (Europe)
- Tempest X3 (USA) [SLUS-00283]
And on Skraper Soft:
look in the "Miscellaneous" section that your "Database matching method" is not only "CRC".
Maybe a better way is to join the IRC or Discord from Screenscraper ;)
Ah, now I see!
I've never noticed that "ROMs/ISOs" field, now it makes sense, at least some kind of.
And I have already set the matching mode in Skraper to filename only, so CRC should not be a problem.
Many thanks, that should do the trick.
With pleasure :)
@Bkg2k A big thanks for this tool. Very useful and, for me, the best scaper to use with Recalbox !
I just made a small correction in the mix "ArcadeMoon":
In ArcadeMoon.xml and ArcadeMoonPlus.xml, the first point of Vertical presentation (Portrait) should be 84,167.
@lmerckx Thanks, I'll fix it :)
Another strange behaviour:
The arcade game "1941 - Counter attack" is not recognized by Skraper.
The system is FBA libretro, the ROM name is 1941.zip and the MD5 is C4FFF5A2D094D663ECCA7D307067B63D, which is referenced in ScreenScraper.
Is there something wrong with numbers as name ?
(sorry if I'm in wrong place for the post)
Edit: The only error I've got in log is this one. But I'm not sure it is the cause of the problem.
For information, it is my only game which is not scraped ...
[2019-01-04 20:30:06.073] EXCEPTION : Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0. : [2019-01-04 20:30:06.080] STACK TRACE : à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue() à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read() à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings) à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings) à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value) à SkraperLibrary2.ScreenScraper.ScreenScraperApi.GetObjectsExt[T](String method, Dictionary`2 ext, Int32 systemid, Hashes hashes) : ```
Apparently, the problem for 1941 disappear as it came !
Thank you !
And, for information, I created a custom mix for Skraper which is (or should be) the same than the Recalbox Mix 1 of ScreenScraper.
For me, it gives better results if all resources (screenshot, wheel, box) are not in same language/cover/...
If interested, you can download it here: https://www.proximuscloud.be/web/app/share/invite/kfzfLCeKdh
@lmerckx I can include it in the next release if you're ok :)
Beta 8 (or Rc1, or even first final release) is approaching quickly.
Until then, here are link to latest semi-private betas:
@Bkg2k No problem, I share it to be used. :)
Didn't know this app until you talked about it during RecalBox live event tonight...
Just tried it! Amazing!
Thanks so much Bkg2k